Making your connection is really important when it comes to railways. The connections game is a fun way to introduce children to train maps and early years maths.
The black circles are stations. The lines are different underground lines. The trains take a certain time in minutes (mins) to get from one station to the next.
1. How long does it take to get from A to I on the green line?
2. How long does it take to get from A to I on the blue line?
3. Does it take longer to go along the whole of the red line or yellow line?
4. Which is the nearest station to F?
5. You are at I but the grey line is closed. What is the quickest way to C?
6. What is the quickest time you can get from D to E?
7. You are at I. What station can you reach in exactly 8 minutes?
Not sure of the answers? Work together as an adult and a child to see if you can get them.
Enjoy this game? Try others here.
Share this Post